Friday, December 22, 2017

The Beauty of Retrospect: Beverly Johnson Without Makeup - IN COLOR!

You've seen this picture before, but never like this.

I first posted Francesco Scavullo's photo of top model Beverly Johnson without makeup in November 2009, but I always regretted that it was a black-and-white photo.  A month later I posted a sepia version of it to accentuate her dark brown complexion. That was about as close to presenting it in color as I could come.  Then I found a Web site that colorizes monochromatic photos, and I went one step further and ran the sepia version of this Beverly Johnson picture through it.

Oh my God, I've created a masterpiece!


This is the lovely face Scavullo saw in living color when he let the shutter fall on his camera.  How sublime . . . :-) 

I think I made the case once and for all for the argument that Beverly Johnson makes herself look more beautiful when she removes, not when she applies, her makeup.

Consider this an early Christmas present. :-)  

No comments: