Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Beauty of Anonymity: Buf-Puf Model

The caption in the ad below, for Buf-Puf facial sponges, reads, "Inside every skin there's a beautiful skin waiting to get out!"  And in every beauty ad there's a beautiful model waiting to be identified!

Too bad I can't identify this model.


This ad is from the mid-1980s, and when I saw this woman, I thought that it just had to be Maria Johnson, whom I've featured here before.  However, I have since been told by friends of mine who know a thing or two about the fashion/beauty profession that this is definitely not Maria Johnson.  None of them know who this is; they only know who it isn't.

So, if any of you out there can identify this brunette model, please leave a comment on this post.

Here's the same picture of the model above in isolation, without the cumbersome ad copy.  Hopefully this will strike a chord of familiarity in someone. :-)    


It sure does look like Maria Johnson.

The rest of this month will be devoted to looks back at previously featured women, then for July . . . another new series of beautiful athletes.  

2 comments:

Barry4Beauty said...

Hi Steve,
This model is beautiful Jennifer Burry. She was with Elite and was on several U.S. Harper's Bazaar covers, and a British Vogue, too. She modeled for me many times in the 80's at Avon (makeup, skincare, fragrance, etc.).
Barry Weinbaum
PS.I can send you some photos if you want.

Steve said...

Barry: Thanks for the ID! You can send me pictures of Jennifer at vwgolfman2000@comcast.net.